Friday, October 29, 2010

Chalkboard


I needed a chalkboard for my salon.
So I made an exciting trip to Goodwill and bought a hideous tray for about $1. (if you own one like this I'm not sorry I'm making fun of it but I AM sorry if I hurt your feelings. But it IS hideous)
I taped off everything but the bottom of the tray.




Spray with chalkboard spray paint






I had the 'brilliant' idea of using MOD PODGE and tissue paper to cover the 'frame'

Took forever, looked stupid, got mad.

2 wks later I started cleaning my house for a party and  came back to my project because it was taking up too much space. I HAD to finish this thing.

Taped off the bottom and spray painted the frame with silver paint.












Apply hardware for hanging on the back.


Done.




No comments:

Post a Comment