Sunday, October 3, 2010

Our lil Fall Wreath

My daughter (she's 4) and I had some free time today and I want to teach her about fall.  We're going to try and make something a couple times /wk.
I decided our front door needed a wreath and ran around the house gathering up random supplies.  I just kinda made it up as I went.  (also I am having serious issues with figuring out the spacing of this blog interface so bear with me!)






I started with a hanger and an old stained hanes t-shirt.



I bent the hanger into the shape of a circle leaving the hanger part in tact at the top for hanging the wreath.


I ripped strips of the t-shirt for my daughter to wrap around the hanger- we tied the t-shirt ends to the hanger.








Then ripped strips of fabric to tie around the t-shirt covered hanger. (tip: to make ripping fabric easier start each rip by cutting into the fabric first with scissors about and inch or so.)
My daughter had SO much fun learning to tie knots.  We're that much close to shoe tying!




To finish we added some embellishments-  fake glittery leaves I had from some other arrangement project I had.








More of my supplies have purpose!



Here's another wreath I made using up the rest of the fabric, added the phrase with a piece of cardboard covered in paper, then printed and taped. 

5 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! The girls would love doing this, Abbey. You're a handy friend; I think I'll keep you. ;) <3 U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea! Was the red fabric t-shirt also? Or did you have a fall fabric that you already liked? Only you can make a t-shirt hanger wreath look classy. I'll have to practice so as not to have something that looks like it should have been thrown away... ;) LOL LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments ladies! awww! As for the fabric it's some tie dye looking fabric scraps I had lying around . I used 2 prints, just to give it some depth. :) Plain fabric may work but might not blend as well. Happy crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic, Abbey! It'll be fun to see what you come up with. I may have to try this project...now just to find a metal wire hanger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! HI! I am your latest follower! Good to have had you drop by. I love your idea of finding ways to use up 'stuff for crafts' that you already have! See you this week!
    blessings
    deborah you know me as debby:)

    ReplyDelete